SEO or search engine optimization is a long-term but optimal strategy for websites to gain traffic, given that the owner delivers high-quality content to achieve traction and offer results. But the main question is: how long does it take for website pages to rank on search engines?
The answer to this question is vital to set a budget for your business plan as well as to decide whether or not SEO is the best marketing strategy for your business.
Our pilot blog aims to help you understand how long it takes to rank on Google’s SERPs or search engine results pages and ways to improve it.
The Simple Logic Behind Ranking on Search Engine Results
SEO efforts take a few months to show results with a higher Google ranking. But, yes, there’s a but; the exact number of months depends on many variables. Among the essential variables are target keywords, industry, and existing competition. Besides, ranking is dynamic; therefore, it is necessary to tailor a strategic content plan before hiring SEO services.
The only certain feature about the ranking is that some aspects within our control can lead to faster results.
So How Much Time Does it Take to Rank on Google?
Online research suggests that it may take between 3 to 6 months to enter the first page of Google, given you are delivering quality content and constantly optimizing your website for search engines. However, the length might extend to 6 to 12 months if there is high competition or you haven’t optimized your website.
Website optimization includes three primary operations of SEO: content quality, backlinks, and technical structure. Strengthening these pillars allows a user to put his website on a higher ranking in less time.
Here Are Some Factors That Affect a Site’s Ranking.
- Topical authority
- Content Quality
- Relevance to search intent
- User Experience
- On-page SEO
Actionable Tips to Place in SEO Strategy for Faster Growth
Other than following the best content marketing practices, there are other steps that you need to work on to accelerate growth.
- You can target lower competition keywords; better to use a mix of both lower and high competition growth depending on your industry.
- You can master search intent to write valuable and relevant content.
- You can focus on the quality of content by working on Google’s content quality signals, i.e., E-A-T or expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness.
- You must create content on related topics to build a topical authority.
- You can make an internal link-building strategy to help Google discover more of your content, analyze your posts’ nature, and identify your website’s hierarchy.
- You must optimize your website for mobile search.
- You can seek out backlink opportunities.
- You can find opportunities to share your content on social media or run ads for your content.
The thoughts shared in the post suggest that SEO is a long-term investment that offers high returns. To gain faster results, you must clearly understand your industry and competition for targeted keywords.
Simply put, your page may take a few months to a year to rank on Google. But the important part is that you can improve your ranking by following the points mentioned in this post!